QUALITY ASSURANCE LEAD
Are you looking to further your career in quality assurance as a team lead with a SaaS or technical product/platform company? If so, and if you are interested in joining an innovative and successful early-stage company, please read on.
Founded in 2013, we are a fast-growing SaaS start-up providing a lean retail management solution to our medium and large omnichannel customers. Our Lean Retail Engine™, the only truly integrated retail technology stack, empowers clients to optimize their resources, improve operations, and delight their customers. Our unified platform includes chain-wide data analysis and reporting, inventory and vendor management, logistics, POS/back office, website/e-commerce/web distribution, loyalty/promotions, and more. We are a full-service partner, providing a hosted solution, touch-screen enabled devices used across our client organizations, and the ongoing consulting and support to ensure their success.
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
The primary role of the Quality Assurance Lead is to oversee the testing of products and services to ensure adherence to industry and the organization’s standards. They are involved in developing testing plans, creating risk mitigation strategies, instructing and mentoring QA team members, and liaising with the product team in suggesting process improvements. When implementing a test, the team lead explains each member’s role and oversees their automated and manual work. If team members have questions or concerns, the team lead provides answers and works with them to find solutions.
- Lead the team of Manual and Automation QA engineers.
- Lead projects and releases from the QA aspect to completion.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of detailed system test plans, test scenarios and test cases in support of new & existing feature development from user stories and collaboration with the Development, Product Management and Client Success Teams
- Evaluate the application and test cases to be automated. Work with team to Implement Test Automation leveraging test automation frameworks and create a library of automated tests to maximize test coverage
- Clearly and accurately report any bugs, including detailed reproduction steps. Assist with debugging to isolate cause of bugs and verify bug resolution and track issues to closure
- Collaborate with application developers, product management, and client success to ensure the accuracy of product designs and implementations.
- Represent the QA team and develop relationships across internal departments.
- Provide input to the overall development process based on issues that have surfaced as a result of work that has passed through the team and into the production environment.
- Researching and implementing tools that can be leveraged to improve quality
- Instruct the team on quality metrics and testing strategies for each project.
- Provides regular feedback to team members in addition to standard performance management practices
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES (KSA’S):
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of build tools and build pipelines including Continuous Development (CD)/Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Testing (CT) as well as relevant technologies: Azure DevOps and Git
- Database knowledge, Microsoft SQL Server preferred
- Extensive knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Ability to draw out the information needed to feed the test strategy.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn about the project or product being developed.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Entrepreneurial Mindset
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience mentoring and coaching teammates, specifically with QA methodologies and best practices
- 5+ years of software testing experience with strong knowledge of C# and the .NET platform
- Experience with automation testing platforms
- Experience testing RESTful web services
- Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Oversight of assigned QA personnel
In addition to providing a collaborative, supportive, and relaxed work environment, we offer a competitive compensation package.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Salary: Commensurate with relevant experience.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible schedule and PTO
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We take pride in hiring the person, not the position. If you’re not a perfect fit for this specific position, that might be ok. If you have excellent skills, talent, and the right attitude, we’d love to hear from you.
Please visit the listing and apply through Indeed here.
FieldStack is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.